Lock and Load Em - 2023 Intro to AR Platform Course
Visit our website for more information: https://lockandloadem.com/ar-platform
Have a modern sporting rifle or thinking of purchasing one? They are a great addition to any household arsenal that offer versatility and fun for the entire family. Join Lock and Load Em’s highly trained and experienced staff for our intro into the AR-15 Carbine and Rifle platform class. This class will teach firearms safety, principal operation and parts, safe and proper handling, live-fire to include proper mounting and zeroing of optics, malfunction identification and remediation, and disassembly for cleaning. We will also feature applicable accessories, customizations, modifications, etc.
Much like our pistol classes, we bring a multitude of demo firearms in varying configurations and calibers for all students to try on the range. Personally owned firearms are always encouraged as well. Please be sure to specify if you are bringing a firearm of caliber other than .223rem / 5.56x45mm. Additional cost may apply.
Targets will be placed from 25 to 100 yards.
Class hours: varies (5-6 hours)
Costs: $155 for class + ticket/processing fee. Students are encouraged to supply their own 556/223 factory ammo non reloads if possible (100rds). If not possible pay the $70 fee for training rounds that we supply, these are not for sale, distribution, instructional training use only (if we supply)
Location: Tacoma Sportsmen's Club - Piel 22 Range
*All ticket/training sales final, no refunds are provided. *With advanced notice to the class date, students can request to be rescheduled to an open future class date. If the reschedule request can be accommodated we will honor the request. Students that do not provide adequate notice or provide no notice may be subject to a $65 rescheduling fee to cover costs. No-shows to class with no communication will not be considered for rescheduling.
Requirements for this Class:
- Pre-registration is required online
- Must not be a prohibited person from possessing / buying firearms
- Minors welcome with parental consent
- Coed class setting
What to Bring:
- Bring a personal firearm(s) of AR platform or borrow ours! Everyone gets to handle our demo firearms.
- At least 3 magazine for applicable firearm
- Each participant is requested to bring 100 training rounds of .223/5.56 training rounds to class if borrowing our demo guns OR purchase additional training rounds from us if you are unable to locate training rounds (online - https://lockandloadem.com/class-fees)
- Dress in layers as the weather is unpredictible.
- The range area is covered however there is always potential for exposure to the elements.
- Hats are recommended especially if you have glasses.
- Ear and Eye Protection is suggested, however we have some you can borrow
- You can bring your snacks and lunch or there are multiple food establishments close by and there will be a lunch break.
- General Firearm safety
- AR platform parts, operation, & function
- Ammunition basic
- Proper Shooting Fundamentals & Range Etiquette
- Factors with consideration to purchasing
- Modifications, customizations, accessories, optics
- Mounting and zeroring optics
- Malfunction identification and remediation
- Disassembly for cleaning
- Home defense factors and proper storage
For additional class info and registration please visit our website: https://lockandloadem.com/