The Dance Royale: Battle for the Throne
Williams and CompanyEntertainment Presents: The Dance Royale: Battle for the Throne Audition/Workshop
The Dance Royale: Battle for the Throne is a city wide dancecompetition tour traveling to many cities across the globe to find that citiesbest dancer or dance crew, executive-produced by Sub Conscious: The Deception behindthe Music’s El-jay Williams Jr.
The Dance Royale: Battle for the Throne will find individualdancers and crews from around the country to compete for their "ONESHOT" and the opportunity to win a cash prize and more.
Dancers will go through a workshop, giving them insight to theindustry of dance and rehearse with some of the greatest choreographers in theindustry. Then, dancers will take choreography learned, along with their ownchoreography, to compete and be judged in front of the show’s panel of professionalexperts and viewed by viewers from around the city and country voting via YouTube.Many dancers will be eliminated --- to ultimately reveal your cities bestdancer or crew. Are you the 2013 Dance Royale?
All ages are eligible to compete. Dancers under 18 must sign aparental consent form. Individual dancers or crews are allowed to audition. Crewsmust consist of no more than (7) members, made up of any combination of malesand females.
These are auditions. The tentative competition dates will beprovided to those who make it into the show.
** DISCLAIMER **
This Competition is an eventplanned and administered by Williams and Company Entertainment to benefit localdancers with the opportunity to get hands on industry experience without havingto leave their local area. There is no age limit for this competition. There isno guarantee that your audition will win you a spot in the actual competition.Auditions are based on a scheduled time by the producer. If you schedule anaudition time, you must be on time to audition. All latecomers andnon-scheduling participants will be allowed to audition if time permits.Participants will have 4 minutes to audition. There will be a panel of judges.They may ask you to do an additional number for any reason. No results will begiven on the day of the audition; however they will provide a callback slip ifthey want to see you the next day. You must leave the venue after youraudition. You will be given results on the callback day if you made it into theshow. Williams and Company Entertainment reserves the right to add to or changethese rules at any time without notification.
HOW TO APPLY
Download application, production release form, and parentalconsent if a minor. Complete and sign. Bring to audition/workshop. (Ifauditioning as a crew only one application has to be filled out with all namesof dancers in crew)(Whosevers name is not on application will NOT be admittedin workshop/audition)
Visit TicketRiver.com to choose workshop/audition time and pay forregistration for workshop. Print out audition ticket after registering andbring with you to audition/workshop:
- 4 hour workshop MUST beattended to compete. Participants who aren’t competing may pay to attendworkshop. Workshops are taught by:
- Stephen Reynolds: Cirque du Soleil
- Kendre Nicole: Danced for “Beyonce,Fantasia, Kandi Buruss, The-Dream
- Gary Beauford: We Gon Make It,CollectiveUth Faculty, Recording Artist Jarvis
- $20 for individual dancers,$40 for crews
- (Registration coversdancer/crews headshot for portfolio, insight information/material about theindustry, and dance class to learn dance for individual audition)
- There will be a shoe driveto provide shoes to less fortunate individuals. Bring a pair of new or in goodcondition shoes and $5 will be taking off of registration. There will be a slotto register for those who will be bringing shoes. All shoes will be donated toLet’s Dance Atlanta for this great cause. (If you register as bringing shoesbut do not bring them you will be required to pay the additional amount beforeentering the venue)
**Registration can be paid at door in cash only, but understandthe risk of not having a spot by waiting to register.
Attend the workshop and audition for a spot in this year’scompetition.
WORKSHOP AND AUDITIONREQUIREMENTS:
Workshop and Audition City: Kansas City, MO.
Packet Pickup: Friday, May 24th 2013; Time: 5pm to 9pm (Dancer will also get their audition time atpickup)
Workshop/Audition: May 25th 2013; Time: 7am to 9pm (Line Starts at 6pm, Doors Open at 7am)
Callbacks: Sunday, May 26th 2013; Time: 8am to 1pm
(Please plan to be at each day’s event for the full scheduled time)
Ibsen Dance Theatre
7221 N. Oak Traffic way
Kansas City, MO. 64155
(Spots guaranteed when you register, but where you are once youget inside venue is determined on where you are in line, first come-firstserved)
DO NOT CALL VENUES
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call816-896-8144
Please bring thefollowing on Friday:
1. Completed application and release forms. Dancers under 18 must bring Parental Consent form. If auditioning as a crew only one application must be filled out with all names on application.
2. A one (1) minute choreographed routine showcasing your best moves and creativity.
3. CD of music – please bring copy to leave with producers (This will NOT be returned)
4. Come dressed in dance attire and ready to dance!
5. Photo State Issued ID. Or passport
Please DO NOT forget to pick-up packet info and auditioninformation Friday, April 12th, 2013. Please plan to be at theStudio all day on Saturday just in case you have been chosen for callbacks. Wesuggest bringing snacks and water. You may be asked to return Sunday forchoreography call backs, choreographers have the right to speak with anydancers at their discretion, please plan accordingly.